Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jalyssa turns "18"

Well, the day has finally come. My first baby girl turned 18 years old, and she is absolutely amazing. I could not be any prouder of the fine young woman she has become. Her Father and I have done a fabulous job, if we say so ourselves. She has been so easy and a real treasure in our lives. Everyone loves her and her infectious smile lights up a room. She was so tiny when she was born and I was afraid I would break her. She was the easiest baby and never any trouble. Of course she was spoiled rotten by her Grandma D. And she was the first granddaughter on both sides of the family. She was loved by all her aunties and especially by her big brother Denver.
Now she is a senior, and looking toward college with anticipaton. It seems like only yesterday we brought her home from the hospital. She is such an amazing woman, and my hero in so many ways. She has overcome so many things and never lets anything stop her. We do not dare tell her she can't do something, because she will turn around and do exactly that. People are drawn to her amazing attitude and determination. I know she will accomplish so much in her future and she will have an influence on more people than she will ever realize. I am so lucky to be her Mother and love her more than words can say. I wish her well and cheers to an exciting future.

1 comment:

princess jen said...

Yay for J! Happy birthday to a wonderful girl...er I mean woman!