Thursday, September 5, 2013

Big changes this year......

I am feeling very overwhelmed with life right now, we have had so many changes this year. I feel like I can barely keep up.
My sweet Denver got married to a lovely girl, Brianne Rowley. It was lots of work, but totally worth it. I never realized how happy it makes you to see your children be worthy to be married in the Temple and be sealed to their sweet heart forever. I am so proud of them. It is not going to be an easy road, they will have challenges and trials, but I know they can make it through anything together.
Jalyssa is growing up, she has graduated from college with her associates degree and a photography certificate. It was a lot of hard work for her, but I am so proud of her for accomplishing this incredible task. She is still living with roomates and she seems to be the rock who holds the entire group together. She is the mentor, the mom, and the counselor. She takes on the responsibilities for the bills being paid and all the important decisions. She would love to have a more active dating life, and can't wait for the right boy to come along. I keep reassuring her that the Lord is preparing the right one, and she just needs to be patient. She is doing what she is supposed to, following the commandments, and doing everything to make herself worthy, she just needs to be patient.
My baby Mariah is also growing up way to fast... She has graduated High School, and is now attending Snow College. She is doing incredible. Making big decisions, and learning to live in the real world. She is making me so proud. I also have had changes, I am no longer working at the school (Brockbank). It was a hard decision, and one I did not take lightly. Kelly and I decided that I should find full time work so we could pay down some bills, and save for our future. Luckily, I have found work with St. Marks Heart Center. I work with some incredible people who have been so kind and have been training me well. I really like working with Senior citizens, it is so similiar to working with the youth. But I am happy and am really learning a lot.
I am still serving in YW's and know that for now it is where I need to be. Some days I get really burned out, and have challenges with people, but working with the girls is always special and never boring!! Kelly is still with Rio Tinto, and loves it. He works with the best boss,and co workers. He enjoys it so much. We are grateful for jobs we enjoy and that makes life so much easier.
The other big change for us, is being empty nesters for the most part. We still have Connie, and she is wonderful. But most of the time, we are alone. It is a good thing we love each other, and love to be together. We have fun, and really are liking our alone time. Life is always changing and that is a good thing........

No comments: