Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Saturday morning and no sleeping in.....

Do you ever wait all week for that blessed Saturday morning when nothing is planned and nobody has to be anywhere, and all you want to do is sleep in. Now mind you, sleeping in to me would be about 9:00am or later. To some it is different, but to me lasting that long all cozy with no interruptions would be a real treat. This was my plan for today. But alas, it was not to be.... My dear Husband schedule the cable guy to come anywhere between 8am and 10am. Because he needs his cable working properly, heaven forbid it should go down for one weekend. Now normally this would not be a problem, because we all now that scheduled appointments like this, especially with cable, they Never arrive on time. Well guess what, bright and early 8:30 sharp, we get the phone call. Our guy is in front of your house and no one is answering. I said we are here...Turns out the guy is on time, AND in front of the wrong house. There goes my much needed beauty rest. Who I really feel bad for is who ever he woke up at the wrong house. I guess they don't get to sleep in either. So I am kicked from my cozy bed but, alas the cable will work, and all will be well again. For my dear Husband, I think his obsession with the sci-fi channel may have to be dealt with. But that is for another blog, another day. I think I may go back to bed.

4 comments:

princess jen said...

That sucks! I'm sorry you had to leave your cozy nest...especially on such a cold morning! Anya came to cuddle at 7:50 and then I turned on cartoons for her. It was only another 30 minutes until Aaron was up... Sometimes Alan will spoil me (when he's off) and take care of the kids, locking our door so they can't get in!

brenda said...

Question is, did you have your heater on? LOL My kids are all whining as you know me, it is not even November, and I am not turning it on, so to have to crawl out of bed to get the door, UNLIKELY! I find it amazing how those 20, 30, 60 minutes more make such a difference to our Saturday mornings. Can you remember as a kid, waking up at the crack of dawn ( no pun intended) to watch Saturday morning cartoons from 6am-noon? Yeah, that dates me, as now kids can pop in a video or dvd, or catch it on cable, but in my day, Saturday was " the cartoon heaven" day!

Anonymous said...

You just need to find another day to sleep in! My plan is to sleep in during the week when no one is home to disturb me and then on weekends when the family is around then I get up and do things! Five days a week to sleep in is so much nicer than one day a week. I think this just makes me lazy!! Gilian

Candy said...

I seriously suffer (and make everyone else suffer sometimes) when I don't get to sleep in on Saturday. It's the only day I don't have to set an alarm and get up early. I feel your pain. By the way, you've been tagged...see my blog for details.